Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Anyone want to come to Ft Lauderdale?

A leading aviation company, Complete Turbine Service, an EASA/FAA certified engine repair station located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is looking for FAA Power plant-licensed Mechanics and Inspectors.

Position: FAA Powerplant Mechanic
    Qualifications:
    - FAA Powerplant license required
    - Self-starter, disciplined individual
    - Minimum 3 years of Engine Overhaul shop experience is preferred but not mandatory
    - Attitude and willingness to learn are highly-valued attributes
    - Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals
    - Must provide their own hand tools

Position: Quality Assurance Inspector

Qualifications:

- Minimum of 5 years of aviation-related Quality inspection experience
    - Jet Engine Overhaul shop experience is a plus
    - MUST have strong working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
    - Self-starter, disciplined individual; must have a good attitude and a willingness to learn

Position: Dimensional Inspector

Qualifications:

- Minimum of 3 years of inspection/engine overhaul mechanic experience is required
    - Jet Engine Overhaul shop experience is a plus
    - MUST be familiar with all types of OEM measuring/dimensional equipment
    - Self-starter, disciplined individual; must have a good attitude and a willingness to learn

Contact

Mike Bartosh VP Maintenance
    954-7642616
    mike@completeturbine.com
    www.completeturbine.com
    "The X-15 is the only plane I ever flew that I was glad when the engine quit".....Milt Thompson

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Just for info:

These jobs will expose you to a wide variety of aircraft and engine types. Once you get your feet wet, you will find that one week you will be dissembling/assembling engines another week working on turbines (we do turbine referb in house) and the next you will be in France or South America doing engine acceptance or removal install or a "top case" compressor repair.

Our guys do the entire job from initial induction through to run-up and sign off. You will not find an more talented group anywhere.

Even if you think you do not "meet the requirements", send a resume and set up an interview. We are looking for "talent" rather than "time on the job".

Hitech
    "The X-15 is the only plane I ever flew that I was glad when the engine quit".....Milt Thompson

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Do you know what the salary range is? How is the turnover rate?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

lots of travel or mostly in-house? lots of OT?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

The pay scale is competitive and based on experience and salary history. The turnover is virtually zero. Previously we would hire contractors and "cherry pick" the shining stars. However we are expanding and the previous method is too slow. You will learn every facet of Engine maintenance including run up . I can tell you that it is a great group and our standards are quite high.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

do they have any interest in a new mechanic fresh out of school? Is the traveling required or an option? Im located in englewood fl thanks>>>>>brian
    whoops..........did i do that?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

pay scale is competitive.... could starting wage be comparable to UPS or FedEx top out?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Smile Don't we all wish!

Fed Ex tops out about 46 an hour with the usual career things like special schools lead, RII etc...
    Last edited by Steve340; 12-24-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Still have positions to fill. Just for info we are moving to a larger facility that is owned rather than leased (still near Ft Lauderdale Airport) and we are in the final stages of design for a 100,000 LB-T test cell. (which will be the only one in the Southeast). The starting wage for an A/P with zero experience is $15 currently, a lead tops at $28 inspectors a bit more. Includes 80% of health plan. Currently Day shift 5 days a week, Vacation and Sick time plus typical holidays.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Smile Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Hitech View Post
    Still have positions to fill. Just for info we are moving to a larger facility that is owned rather than leased (still near Ft Lauderdale Airport) and we are in the final stages of design for a 100,000 LB-T test cell. (which will be the only one in the Southeast). The starting wage for an A/P with zero experience is $15 currently, a lead tops at $28 inspectors a bit more. Includes 80% of health plan. Currently Day shift 5 days a week, Vacation and Sick time plus typical holidays.
    What would you pay me dude"?

Steve
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast