Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

It better be "Top Dollar" of course!!!
    Remember, I'm laughing with you not at you!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

In my experience "competitive pay" is usually just another way of saying we pay a little as we can get away with. "Industry leading pay" is something to pay attention to.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I work for FedEx. We top out at $54.27/hr. That includes license pay, shift differential, etc.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

I went to composites school with a few Fed X guys, that's about what they made.

That's an outstanding living for an A&P

S

Quote Originally Posted by Strongfire View Post
    I work for FedEx. We top out at $54.27/hr. That includes license pay, shift differential, etc.
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

What about overtime at your base? $54.27 is good money. But without good OT than another job could actually gross you more. Me personally if I made that, I'd be out to make 1/4 mil. That would be my target number. My current job with OT is 175-200k gross.MAYBE $220k if things keep going well. Good money but there's always more to be made.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Thank UPS for that! I once worked for one of the sweatshops that overhauled FedEx 727s. They paid less than half of your $54/hr. Brett, what is your exit plan? Are you working so much for a particular reason?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

MRO's blow man

Worst year of my career

S

Quote Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
    Thank UPS for that! I once worked for one of the sweatshops that overhauled FedEx 727s. They paid less than half of your $54/hr. Brett, what is your exit plan? Are you working so much for a particular reason?
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

What is the age and experience level of new hires? Do they start higher with good experience?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

[QUOTE=Steve340;25710]MRO's blow man

Worst year of my career

I did my year in 2000, it ended up being a great learning experience. They had Southwest sponsored 737 classes. SW and FDX had just computerized their MM and IPC, a nice change from reader/printers. The turnover was high and I never had to the same job twice. This made for a bit of trial by fire, which is exciting. Also got to see more dumb mistakes than I ever thought possible. Then Delta called and that job was relatively boring.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
    Well I got my race truck almost done, that's been about a $100k nightmare. That's been my main pusher past few years is getting that done. I'd like to get that wrapped up, get my new powerstroke paid off and buy a mustang. Eventually I want to be a DOM, get cut down to like 100-150k a year, live in a place I don't hate, kick tires a few times a week and buy a shop and work on diesel trucks most of the time. I had a good shot with that GIV DOM spot but I wasn't quite ready for the pay cut.

I'm sure me being greedy we'll see, if my body can keep taking it I'm going to keep doing it.

My biggest issue is that my ADD/ADHD is so bad if I don't work 50-60 hours a week minimum I start going crazy, I'll get depressed and my anxiety starts shooting through the roof. 60-80 is perfect for me. I get plenty of sleep, I still have a little free time to do some things. Hangout with the girlfriend, ride around, etc.

I've had a great run in aviation maintenance, past few years have really done me well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast