Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Will help with 206/222/230 questions

Have 10 years backshop/overhaul experience and 3 years in completions/heavy maintenance side, particularly sheetmetal and heavy structures. Much time with interior mods for ems, and related systems.
    I will help with any questions.
    Post em up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

How.dificult is it working on the bell222. I hope after getting some exp. I can land a job on them i love that heli.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Mmmm, how to put this delicately......
    Apparently some of the Bell engineers found their wives sleeping with mechanics, and exacted revenge.
    In all seriousness, it is a fairly good aircraft. The engines are pretty difficult to access on the inboard sides, but if those Lycomings have the upgraded infusion liners, they will usually run to the 1800 hr every time with no problemsThe driveline is very robust, and usually gives no problems. Tial and main rotor balance is pretty important, as it keeps your unneccessary service events down (vibrations cause cracks).
    I would highly recommend using Aeroshell 22, not Mobil28 in everything, the Mobil always leaves brinelling on stuff like the swashplate triplex bearing and the TR trunnions, where the Aero usually does not.
    yes you can have overkill....... but, can you ever have too much overkill?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

One word, the 222 is an unsupported fleet, Bell does not really want anything to do with it any more.
    So, it is starting to disappear, as some people find out that an airworthy deuce is worth less than the parts.

Oh yeah, never ever ever stand inside the rotor arc on the first startup after servicing. Always lean on the aircraft fuselage. They sling about a pound of grease every time from the swashplate, and will leave a stripe across your shirt, pants, face, etc.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Maybe helimd will wander by and drop off his $.02

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Y did bell decide to let go the 222. It was first heli i ever got in and got a ride in. Was when i? Ss a kid and during airwolf lmao. So been kina a dream to work with them but thr job have lined up after finish class is on r22-44-&66 also a euro copter so just pretend lol. Plus a good friend will be my boss and in down time will help me get my heli pilot rating. So hoping it works out

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Good luck. What kind of eurocopter?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

All i remeberis it is an astar. Im working on getting ready for school to start back. Trying to study ahead we got powerplant systems starting up

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Mmmmmmm as350. The tupperware helicopter.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by helowrench View Post
    Mmmmmmm as350. The tupperware helicopter.
    And thry r using it to do helilifts to for construction lol. But it works for wat they do. I also got a email to day from airmethods the medical evac heli. Company they also use astar as well as others. Wat u know about the astar how are they to work on. I cant wait to start on them thats been best part of school we maintain the sherriffs oh58 so it helps me learn. Wat do u work on mostly? Any help is awsome. Any specific tools u can think of that i should try to work on having before finished with school i finish up in feb or march.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast