Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

About those mosquitos,.
    They are so big down there that they knock on the screen door.
    i was living in Lake Charles, working 2nd shift, wake up to the birds chirping, and thesound of a conversation between two mosquitos. They were perched on the footboard like ravens.
    #1 "so, mon cher, are we gonna eat this guy here, or carry him home for dinner?"
    #2 "I reckon webetter eat him her, if we carry him home, the big guys will take him from us!"

Seriously though, if you move to S LA, there is one cardinal, very important rule.
    if you are not told what the meat in the gumbo is, you have two choices.
    A just dont ask.
    Or
    B be very sure that you do not freak out, cause it might be squirrel, rabbit, nutra, etc
    yes you can have overkill....... but, can you ever have too much overkill?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by helowrench View Post
    About those mosquitos,.
    They are so big down there that they knock on the screen door.
    i was living in Lake Charles, working 2nd shift, wake up to the birds chirping, and thesound of a conversation between two mosquitos. They were perched on the footboard like ravens.
    #1 "so, mon cher, are we gonna eat this guy here, or carry him home for dinner?"
    #2 "I reckon webetter eat him her, if we carry him home, the big guys will take him from us!"

Seriously though, if you move to S LA, there is one cardinal, very important rule.
    if you are not told what the meat in the gumbo is, you have two choices.
    A just dont ask.
    Or
    B be very sure that you do not freak out, cause it might be squirrel, rabbit, nutra, etc
    I wanna turn some Nutra-Rat....I watched a guy trap and prepare some on some cable food show and the host said it's a lean, fat free meat, and kinda taste like beef stew when stewed! I'm getting hungry already....My wife was born and raised in Lafayette.....I love the food there!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

My brother in law is from Opelousas, an dlives out here near me, so I get my cajun food fix when I miss it too much.

That is really the only thing I miss from LA, the food.
    yes you can have overkill....... but, can you ever have too much overkill?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

The funny thing is I never even considered Rotorcraft while in AMT training.....I always thought I was gonna be working for some airline.....I really grew to respect rotorcraft technology and what it took to maintain these aircraft in the field.....It's a freakin workhorse!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I've been concentrating on reading and understanding these ICA inspections on these Helicopters...I actually don't remember having ICA inspections back in the earlier part of my aviation career back in the late 80's to Mid 90's...Now that I'm back in aviation there are alot things we didn't have back then:

1. ICA's
    2. Computers Software in aircraft (PHI/Corporate Jets Helicopters)
    A. Programmable Analog/Digital radios
    B. Computer controlled Autopilot in Light ship Helicopters
    C. MFD (Glass Cockpit) Helicopters
    D. LED lights
    E. NVG equipped civilian Helicopters

I remember having a huge LORAN system in one of my aircraft. I also remember doing a 337 on installing a Garmin GPS system after the LORAN system and obsolete weather radar system was removed. That GARMIN GPS system was about the size of an automotive FM radio weighing in at about 2 lbs total, compared to the analog LORAN system that was removed weighing in at about 30 lbs. This was about 1995 and the digital electronic revolution was about to explode in the aviation sector. I wasn't computer literate at that time and was struggling to use a Quicken Books program to record my base inventory. I was lost, I had no training, idea, nor ability to set up, nor program a personal computer at that time.
    Coming back to aviation in 2015 was playing catch up and seeing how much software was in the Rotorcraft and Wide-body sector was brain boggling! Everything is windows based at the company I'm at now and man it was a challenge when I first hired on at this remote field base location. Having the correct data-link chords, App's and adapters is the real game now...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123