Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Unhappy Posts Moderation Please

Once in awhile, I actually have to step in and moderate. So once again I will make some ground rules to go by.

NEVER Discuss anyone by name, whether it is on here at the last Job, or ANY company. Because they may not know the posts was made, because it is unfair that they cannot defend your words. Also in SOME cases, if your talking out of the wrong end, you could get into a serious bind.

If YOUR going to say something, better make sure its true. That's anywhere in life. And I make no promises to anyones words on this forum. Except my own.

This being said, I will repeat the last post I made, stop ranting in people's posts. The girl asked a simple question, and it got so convoluted, she will for sure get a bad impression of us.

Steve
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Thank you.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I agree with that, now I have to remember if I did refer with peoples names.. If I did I'm sorry and won't do it again..
    Remember, I'm laughing with you not at you!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Wink Well you better watch out for

Quote Originally Posted by CargoInk View Post
    I agree with that, now I have to remember if I did refer with peoples names.. If I did I'm sorry and won't do it again..
    Korean and Chinese death squads LOL

I'm more worried about USA lawyers, much scarier lol

Steve

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Steve340 View Post
    Korean and Chinese death squads LOL

Steve
    Oh, you saw that....I guess I shouldn't flag it next time. LOL
    Remember, I'm laughing with you not at you!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Uhhhhh,

You want used and abused aircraft mechanics to refrain from rants?

Does this site administer valium immediately prior to postings?

I don't think I've ever met a veteran A&P that still loved this career field. "Liked", maybe, "still tolerated it" much more common.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Tinbender

I am the worst offender of all. I hear what your saying, I guess I was saying, rant all ya want, but do it in the right places. I mean someone asking if GA is good, doesnt need to hear 25 people ranting about their bad experiences...and this IS here for all people, but at times it gets overboard and personal. If I really said the stuff I feel, I am quite sure I would be sued, or the FAA or NTSB would shut this site down in a second. SO the intent is to air our grievances, but at the same time educate and try to address the issues. but yea, Im probably the worst offender...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

I still LOVE fixing planes, I am WAY OVER

Backstabbers
    Inept Managers
    Lying Management Teams
    Pencil Whipping Cultures
    People who are dangerous mechanics getting ahead because they are well liked
    People who dont fit in, getting drummed out of shops, and I mean for personal reasons, not professional ones.
    People slandering other mechanics to management, I have seen it ruin peoples careers.
    Good Ole Boy Systems
    Oh let me add the 40% of Pilots who treat us like crap
    The FA's who do, I ignore, because they went from Wal Mart to the Skies in 3 weeks.

I could list about 25 more. But my plane, and a problem, whether it be sheetmetal, composites, Engines, whatever, I am in my element. Only place I do better, is the planes due out in 15 and I have to change a starter generator. I LIVE for that rush....
    Last edited by Steve340; 06-18-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Sounds like my job!
    Aviation junkie!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I am a veteran A&P, been working on aircraft since 1984 and I still love it. I am older and slower as well as have some creaky bones, but I still enjoy getting out and being the hero so the aircraft can make the flight schedule. It is all about how you wrap your head around the factors outside of troubleshooting and turning a wrench. If you don't enjoy your job, maybe it is time to get out before you start making mistakes. Used and abused mechanics are that way because they let people abuse them. Ranting is good as it relieves the stress from some, others it is not so good because no matter what they will never be happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast