Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Thumbs up Cutting up at work,

I was listening to a shock jock radio show the other morning. I heard them talking about being sued for offending someone. And part of the dialog, was how in court, these straight faced court people, would read things that were said in a humorous context And how people in the jury and or the court officials, would try their hardest not to crack up laughing.

Brought up memories of a conversation we had a work a few years ago.

I am not sure how your workplace is, but most of the places I have worked, its cutting up from the second you get to work, until the second you punch out.

Can you imagine some of the traded insults we all throw around, read in an open court, by a mono toned court reporter

So, Mr Johnson, you told mister Smith, and I am quoting here, that you " banged his mommy the provious night "

Can you IMAGINE that!!! LOL

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Steve340; 03-05-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

No... I think that should stay at work.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

I think it would be hilarious to listen to.
    Matthew
    A&P IA CFI
    https://www.facebook.com/BuckeyeAviationLlc

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Oh yea, we started the conversation, because we would tell new guys, check your sensitivity at the door. Because as a group, we would all spend our days busting butt, and hacking on each other. No one got offended, and we all had a ball while doing our jobs. People not in the moment, probably would not understand. Which is when a friend and I said can you imagine, some person recording all this, and taking us to court, how unttery dumbfounded people would be listening to our dialog? LOLOLOL

I found a safe alternative ( in my mind anyhow ) I picked a good guy, with a great sense of humor, and basically gave him a sister. Then I spent the next 10 years talking crap about his sister. She was 5 foot 3, 325 lbs, a woman of the night, and everyone could have her type of thing. In discussion, I would say, hey you sister sends her love..LOL He would say to anyone around, hey I don't HAVE a sister, my reply, would be, THATS exactly what I would say if MY sister were a 5'3" 325 pound prostitute lol

It never ever got old, and was responsible for hundreds of examples of the best humor, the kind where no ones feelings get hurt.

S

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I'm curious what the APGirl thinks? And, a lot of heavier people get their feelings hurt very easily, though they may not openly show it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Well lots of peoples feelings get hurt. For all types of things.

You must not have sisters dude, or daughters..lol Women are the cruelest judges of others on the planet lol

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I have a Mother, a wife, a sister, and a daughter. I think you're wrong. There's a time and place for everything... with a group of guys at work... maybe ok.... in mixed company... not so.
    Last edited by GlennAB1; 01-11-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

I believe thats exactly the point I was making Glenn.

I was wondering why AP girl was your barometer for a fictional charactor I created?
    I lost your intent there.

I have a mom like you, 3 sisters, 2 daughters. and 2 ex wives lol

To me, the line ( if you will ) is when it gets personal. I have been overweight since about 30. As much as 65lbs. My entire life, my teeth have been trashed. And the cancer finsihed off what mother nature did not. So Im an expert on being offended. And through all that, I learned to filter out what was personal, and what was not.

So If im in a room, and guys are talking about the toothless hillbillies on deliverance, should I be offended?
    My thinking is no, I was not in deliverance, and I am not a backwoods killer and molestor.

If someone makes a comment on some fat person, should I be offended?

Why? IM fat, and It my choices that made me this way. So NO, im not offended.

Now if someone directs those insults directly AT me, in a non humor setting then I'm offended, So I simply don't get your point dude... Sounds like your the one offended, trying to pull someone else into it

Steve

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Depends how personal it is. I have 1 guy a work with that sometimes lets his cutting up get a little too personal. It's whatever though, I don't give a shit. I get a paycheck, that's all I care about.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

I think you mentioned him before. Ive had my feeling hurt before ( boohoohoo ) badly a few times. But paybacks are a biotch in my opinion. I am a very polite, sensitive person as a rule. When we joke, we always make sure everyones cool.

I think this thread came off the tracks at some point.. but you know, I do want to address some real issues, thats what I'm trying to do.
    Last edited by Steve340; 03-05-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast