Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Craftman View Post
    Nice idea! But I think we should buy not just one! Because when we have it, we still need to borrow some other tool 3 times again and again )
    Buying tools is an addiction. I buy tools all the time. Once you get what you need, you tend to buy what you want. Or tools to make your job easier such as a Johnson Bar, or Angle Drills, Pneumatic PRC Dispensers...etc

I have too many these day

Steve
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Name:  Snap on Hex T handle set.JPG
Views: 383
Size:  165.5 KB

I use these every time we are running our Honeywell-Garrett TPE331 engines after our annuals. We need them to adjust the fuel controls (5/32 and 7/32)
    I also have to use the "L" hex for fuel cell removals and installations...

-Dev
    Remember, I'm laughing with you not at you!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Steve340 View Post
    Buying tools is an addiction. I buy tools all the time. Once you get what you need, you tend to buy what you want. Or tools to make your job easier such as a Johnson Bar, or Angle Drills, Pneumatic PRC Dispensers...etc

I have too many these day

Steve
    Oh it's a interesting work! But your company accept you to self-equip?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

They actually prefer it, less for them to buy

Steve

Oh it's a interesting work! But your company accept you to self-equip?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

They actually prefer it, less for them to buy

Steve
    How do they control the tools? Maybe there are too many tools and you can lost it, and it can be a FOD on the a/c?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Very good point. It rarely happens, and company controlled tools are tracked. But not hand or personal tools.

Steve

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Craftman,
    What I have normally seen is most if not all hand tools are owned by the mech/tech, and the expensive ones, or ones that have to be calibrated, or calibration tracked are owned by the company. As an avionic tech, wire strippers were typically ours, but the contact crimpers (go/no-go controlled) were company owned. While I have a meter, it is marked as reference only, and cannot be used for adjustments.
    Key wrenches like these are personal equipment, typically torque wrenches are company, etc.
    "My life experience tells me that people talk about other people for one of four reasons: because you’re dying, because you’re dead, because you’re one of the best in your field, or because you’re one of the worst. My question for you is, why don’t I hear people talking about you?” Jason Dahl to Capt Mark Hoog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Very good point. It rarely happens, and company controlled tools are tracked. But not hand or personal tools.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by mnttech View Post
    Craftman,
    What I have normally seen is most if not all hand tools are owned by the mech/tech, and the expensive ones, or ones that have to be calibrated, or calibration tracked are owned by the company. As an avionic tech, wire strippers were typically ours, but the contact crimpers (go/no-go controlled) were company owned. While I have a meter, it is marked as reference only, and cannot be used for adjustments.
    Key wrenches like these are personal equipment, typically torque wrenches are company, etc.
    Yes I see. But I think that the company should track all personal hand tools or have a procedure for you to control your personal hand tool yourself.
    Some tool like contact crimpers are controlled, but many other tool you can buy and take to company. Maybe in a very tired work day, you can forget it somewhere on plane and it may cause damage to plane. I think it should be solved here.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

SOME contract companies and MRO require you to shadow your box, but no one checks it every day.

Steve

Yes I see. But I think that the company should track all personal hand tools or have a procedure for you to control your personal hand tool yourself.
    Some tool like contact crimpers are controlled, but many other tool you can buy and take to company. Maybe in a very tired work day, you can forget it somewhere on plane and it may cause damage to plane. I think it should be solved here.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

SOME contract companies and MRO require you to shadow your box, but no one checks it every day.

Steve
    In my company, they have no self-equip tool. All the tool's controlled, even for a scissors. Tool box is controlled to, you can only borrow it from store, register and return the tool box with all the tool at the end of working shift. If a tool is lost, they will make a search team to make sure no tool is on aircraft. And make paper work for later investigation too. I'm exactly the person who prepare for the tool management program for my company, and I also write the tool and equipment maintenance program for my company

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast