Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Steve340 View Post
    Good point, CF700's are some thunderous loud engines

lol
    I remember the first time I herd a Hawker with the viper engine. Thought it was a fighter till I turned my head. They are horrible loud.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by daclark View Post
    As with everything, it probably had to do with cost and again noise. There are more than 100 Falcon 20's out there with the Garret.
    I've never seen or worked on a 20 that still had cf700s. Apparently there's an operator here in Georgia that still has some of the old fedex birds but I've never seen them.

There was a big move many years ago to rebuild the falcon 20 and install proline 21 along with some other little upgrades... Kinda do something alot like the Nextant beechjet thing, but with a falcon 20... It failed. They would of had a great airplane, falcon 20 is a beast

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by brettboat View Post
    I've never seen or worked on a 20 that still had cf700s. Apparently there's an operator here in Georgia that still has some of the old fedex birds but I've never seen them.

There was a big move many years ago to rebuild the falcon 20 and install proline 21 along with some other little upgrades... Kinda do something alot like the Nextant beechjet thing, but with a falcon 20... It failed. They would of had a great airplane, falcon 20 is a beast

Clay Lacy had a program for the 20. Big avionics up grade and the Garrets. Clay Lacy has a cheap mod for the Gulfstream to make it FANS/1A compliant. It is swapping the 3rd FMS with a universal unit. While it gives you FANS, you lose a few features. I am not sure I would want a 20 with his mods installed.
    There is an cargo outfit that ran 20's out of Addison, Tx and I think they were running the 700's. I am not sure if they are running them any longer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234