Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Thoughts on a just patented AMT screwdriver.

I am not soliciting to sell this item, as an AMT, and inventor, I am asking for your impressions of this screwdriver designed for the AMT.
    The Aero Driver is a flat blade screwdriver. It allows you to turn the blade around and have a magnetic bit driver. Patent # US 9539719 issued Jan. 10 /2017

The AERO DRIVER combines two of the most used tools in your tool box. A tough flat blade screwdriver and a magnetic bit holder screwdriver allowing you to carry one tool saving space.

The AERO DRIVER is designed for the professional mechanic. The blade ball locks into the handle and will only come out when you release it with a slight rotation of the lock ring.

Under the handle end you will find four drive bit storage tubes, each tube holds two drive bits, rotate the selector to the desired tube and empty the needed bits.
    One tube will hold a 1/4” to 5/16” hex for the galley quarter turns.

There is no rubber on the handle, this allows you to use it for smoothing out speed tape.

The handle incorporates a flat end cap, allowing you to set it on its end to load a drive bit when you have only one hand free.

Attached are a few photos of the tool and possible accessory’s.
    Thanks for your feed back
    R
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	4258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00014.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	4259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	4260  

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Killin me here.

lol

In MY opinion the best screw driver in my lifetime is the Snap On Flip Flop. SSDD44

They discontinued it, and switched to a hollow tube, with reversible tip ends. I HATED it, since then I have purchased and been given one by an awesome dude on here, and it is my cannot do without tool.

Honestly dude, your tool looks a little gimmicky, and not quality. I don't know about the new guys but if its not Old School Snap on quality, I don't want it.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    I am not soliciting to sell this item, as an AMT, and inventor, I am asking for your impressions of this screwdriver designed for the AMT.
    The Aero Driver is a flat blade screwdriver. It allows you to turn the blade around and have a magnetic bit driver. Patent # US 9539719 issued Jan. 10 /2017

The AERO DRIVER combines two of the most used tools in your tool box. A tough flat blade screwdriver and a magnetic bit holder screwdriver allowing you to carry one tool saving space.

The AERO DRIVER is designed for the professional mechanic. The blade ball locks into the handle and will only come out when you release it with a slight rotation of the lock ring.

Under the handle end you will find four drive bit storage tubes, each tube holds two drive bits, rotate the selector to the desired tube and empty the needed bits.
    One tube will hold a 1/4” to 5/16” hex for the galley quarter turns.

There is no rubber on the handle, this allows you to use it for smoothing out speed tape.

The handle incorporates a flat end cap, allowing you to set it on its end to load a drive bit when you have only one hand free.

Attached are a few photos of the tool and possible accessory’s.
    Thanks for your feed back
    R
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I Must agree with Steve

That screw driver was the cats a$$
    I now have the newer version which is not as good as the older one but I am told the bits on the good version broke a lot and warranty was killing them

Is use the snap on ratcheting screw driver with a Philips #2 in the tip, the leather man is used for the rest or a bring the blue point bit set, nothing worse then working in a tight area and having the top of the screw driver come off (yes they all will come off just a matter of time and finding the worst place ever) and having to search around for a bunch of bits.

of course at this moment I just use a pen.. wish leatherman had a pen tip so I can still use some sort of tool lol

of

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Steve340 View Post
    Killin me here.

lol

In MY opinion the best screw driver in my lifetime is the Snap On Flip Flop. SSDD44

They discontinued it, and switched to a hollow tube, with reversible tip ends. I HATED it, since then I have purchased and been given one by an awesome dude on here, and it is my cannot do without tool.

Honestly dude, your tool looks a little gimmicky, and not quality. I don't know about the new guys but if its not Old School Snap on quality, I don't want it.
    Steve
    The Aero Driver is all quality, I broke many blades off on the SSDD44 opening Boeing cowling. That won't happen with the Aero Driver. Why do think Snap-on discontinued it. They got tired of replacing blades for free, it always broke at the spring ball hole.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I was just thinking Steve, I bet you have another "little gimmicky" tool that I have a patent on in you tool box as we speak. In fact, one I was told no one would buy, and, here it is in your tool box?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

To that alone, I have had a flip flop since the early 90's have never broke a blade. Of course I don't use it for a pry bar lol

S

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Dude I wasn't trying to be harsh. I'm not sure I have any gimmicky stuff. Hey if its there, let me know what it is

I did kinda like the 90 degree screwdriver that you turn the tip by twisting the handle, but it was low quality, however that was an incredible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    I was just thinking Steve, I bet you have another "little gimmicky" tool that I have a patent on in you tool box as we speak. In fact, one I was told no one would buy, and, here it is in your tool box?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I kinda like all the adapted pieces, the pick and file, etc.,
    It may be a hit with newer mechanics.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Boeing designed the latch to be opened with a flat bade screwdriver. The SSDD44 just cant handle it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Hey Steve, you can call me Ron or Morgan, when you say "DUDE" I am not sure who you are talking to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast