Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool Organizing

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Tool Organizing

The box is a Snap-on 251A. How do you organize your tools?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	302.3 KB 
ID:	4261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	458.6 KB 
ID:	4262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	479.4 KB 
ID:	4263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	492.9 KB 
ID:	4264  

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I have 3 pelican cases full of bags. One bag will be sockets and ratchets, another will be pliers. etc, etc. I bring alot of tools with me to work because sometimes my actual toolbox is a few hundred miles away.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

I foam shadowed my box, at least the drawers that have set items, and not a constantly revolving content.

S
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I use a combination of foam and tool racks. but I also recommend to know what your employers recommend and that is the minimum. I hate the looks of individual sockets cut in foam so utilize the racks for them pliers and wrenches. I do think you box meets the intent of tool accountability and make good use of the space of a small box. I would just fill all the Apex holes in the holder.
    “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Your ability to discipline yourself to set clear goals, and then to work toward them every day, will do more to guarantee your success than any other single factor.” ~ Brian Tracy

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I've always done a thorough sweep before calling a job finished. I quite often find others tools, hardware, and debris that have been there for a long time. Tool control is a good idea, but not if it makes you complacent, what about stuff left by others before you? You still should do a thorough FOD inspection before closing up an area.
    Last edited by GlennAB1; 02-01-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by jetmechabq View Post
    I use a combination of foam and tool racks. but I also recommend to know what your employers recommend and that is the minimum. I hate the looks of individual sockets cut in foam so utilize the racks for them pliers and wrenches. I do think you box meets the intent of tool accountability and make good use of the space of a small box. I would just fill all the Apex holes in the holder.
    Something that might be helpful. The bit ratchet in the bit block is reversible and has the smallest reversing head in the world. Comes in the VIM MRBB36 bit block. Push on the head and it pops up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I like the Kobalt bit driver I have, it's quite small, magnetic, and drives 1/4" bits on one end and 5/16 on the other, maybe they all do? I'm thinking of cutting off the 5/16 end and making it better for tight spots.
    Last edited by GlennAB1; 02-02-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I just ordered the VIM HBR3. Will let you all know what I think when it arrives.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by GlennAB1 View Post
    I just ordered the VIM HBR3. Will let you all know what I think when it arrives.
    The HBR3 is the smallest, one end 1/4 ratchet the other 1/4 fixed. The HBR5 is 5/16-1/4 DUEL RATCHET BIT DRIVER. The 1/4 bit driver end is the same on both.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Does the HBR5 prefer swords or pistols?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast