Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

That's awesome. Think airlines have a lot of BS... go into management or DOM, LOL
    "Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize the pig enjoys it".

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Things are good in the GA world for now. Every IA that I know has a waiting list. In aviation, fortunes come and go fast. Wait till the stock market crashes again and you'll see light twins and old jets sell for scrap, again.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Man you are NOT kidding, I made manager and boy did I regret it,. Back as a wrench and happy
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Hello, this is more first post. I do have a question related to Delta. I have my A&P and a bachelor's degree in aviation management, 4.5 years of military experience, and just shy of 2 years of experience as a flight line mech at Embraer. I have been actively applying to Delta as a mech only to get turned down 2 days later via email.

Just looking for some advice on how to better my chances. I understand I have to seek the less desirable stations. If anybody could be of assistance that would be great!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

You need to apply for higher level jobs and make alliances with people inside the company. I saw many get an interview quickly after being introduced to a manager. Pilots can really help with making the right contacts. Your military and A&P is ALL you need for delta. Do not mention a degree if you want a mechanic job, it's not what they are looking for.
    Last edited by kevbo; 03-08-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

That's different than I'd expect. Usually more education is a plus. Maybe, downplay it a little... list that you have a Bachelor's degree from XYZ, but maybe don't specify "in management"? Until they ask, if they ask, during interview.

Welcome Fojo! What is your military experience?
    "Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize the pig enjoys it".

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by GlennAB1 View Post
    That's different than I'd expect. Usually more education is a plus. Maybe, downplay it a little... list that you have a Bachelor's degree from XYZ, but maybe don't specify "in management"? Until they ask, if they ask, during interview.

Welcome Fojo! What is your military experience?
    I was in the Marines as a structures/hydraulics mech (MOS:6253) on EA-6B Prowlers for 4.5 years. Best decision of my life was to join! The service also allowed me to pursue my education cost free after the service. It's all what you make it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Id have someone look at your resume. If they are rejecting it without an interview that could be the issue

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Fojo View Post
    Hello, this is more first post. I do have a question related to Delta. I have my A&P and a bachelor's degree in aviation management, 4.5 years of military experience, and just shy of 2 years of experience as a flight line mech at Embraer. I have been actively applying to Delta as a mech only to get turned down 2 days later via email.

Just looking for some advice on how to better my chances. I understand I have to seek the less desirable stations. If anybody could be of assistance that would be great!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Steve340 View Post
    Id have someone look at your resume. If they are rejecting it without an interview that could be the issue

Steve
    Any suggestions on where or who I could have look at my resume?

I do have a 2.5 year unemployment gap (I was full time in school, including summer sessions). I do have those dates listed for school so I'm not sure if they aren't connecting the dots?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

I know a lot of people that they are hiring, and some are good, and some are little more than chocks.

Send me your resume to webmaster@aircraftmechanic.org and I'll see what I can see. I am no expert by any means, but there may be a glaring error I can help with.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Fojo View Post
    Any suggestions on where or who I could have look at my resume?

I do have a 2.5 year unemployment gap (I was full time in school, including summer sessions). I do have those dates listed for school so I'm not sure if they aren't connecting the dots?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast