Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Fedex Express Maintenance Trainee Program

Does anyone know about the Maintenance Trainee Program for those who want to become aircraft mechanics at Fedex Express?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Have never heard of it myself
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

There are thousands of mechanics with years of experience waiting to fill any maintenance position at FedEx. This fact doesn't mean much since all any place wants in a new hire is someone that will go to the worst places and do the dirtiest jobs. Every decent place already has enough highly experienced mechanics on hand. What I'm saying is that a kid still has a better chance at getting into the best jobs because they make better "New Guys" than ones with experience. Unless you work by yourself it's all politics, knowlege and skill is actually detrimental.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Speaking of FedEx. UPS is hiring mechanics.

https://www.jobs-ups.com/job/romulus...w/1187/4133343

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Does anyone know about the Maintenance Trainee Program for those who want to become aircraft mechanics at Fedex Express?
    I hear it's not that easy to get into as there are only a hand full of positions at the locations that have them.
    "Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize the pig enjoys it".

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by GlennAB1 View Post
    I hear it's not that easy to get into as there are only a hand full of positions at the locations that have them.
    How difficult is LAX to get in as an MTP? I saw an external posting for Aviation Mx Tech Trainee(MTP) position on Fedex's website for their LAX location two months ago.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

No idea, but I bet you got to apply for those right away. All you can do is try.
    "Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize the pig enjoys it".

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    How difficult is LAX to get in as an MTP? I saw an external posting for Aviation Mx Tech Trainee(MTP) position on Fedex's website for their LAX location two months ago.
    I am surprised you saw an external posting for an MTP. One of the requirements is you have to be an existing FX employee with an A@P and less than 36 months experience to apply.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Hey! Long time no see. How's the new job?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    I am surprised you saw an external posting for an MTP. One of the requirements is you have to be an existing FX employee with an A@P and less than 36 months experience to apply.
    Here's the posting from two months ago: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.a...3&LanguageID=2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast