Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Must have not had any internal applicants so they made an exception?
    "Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize the pig enjoys it".

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by GlennAB1 View Post
    Must have not had any internal applicants so they made an exception?
    I would never guess that a company paying over $50/hr would have any problem filling positions. Does anyone know their particular issues or are they just trying to dilute the labor pool in an effort to keep wages down?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Kevbo you crack me the fuck up man

lol

S

Quote Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
    I would never guess that a company paying over $50/hr would have any problem filling positions. Does anyone know their particular issues or are they just trying to dilute the labor pool in an effort to keep wages down?
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Valid point? I don't know how much the MTP individual is payed, but it must take 6 or more years to reach the $50 an hour mark.
    Last edited by GlennAB1; 03-08-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    "Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize the pig enjoys it".

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by GlennAB1 View Post
    Valid point? I don't know how much the MTP individual is payed, but it must take 6 or more years to reach the $50 an hour mark.
    Well what some people don't know is an MTP does NOT get license premium until he completes the MTP program which is 36 months. Then he/she is a regular AMT but then gets license premium and goes another 36 months before becoming a Sr AMT. License premium is big at FX which you already know at 20.34 an hr for A@P.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    Well what some people don't know is an MTP does NOT get license premium until he completes the MTP program which is 36 months. Then he/she is a regular AMT but then gets license premium and goes another 36 months before becoming a Sr AMT. License premium is big at FX which you already know at 20.34 an hr for A@P.
    I knew it, typical corporate BS. It would be a good deal if a certificate is not required. As it is, they want A&Ps for box thrower wages. GFY FedEx! These guys will keep crapping on us as long as we take it. BTW, Delta pays a lot more up front.
    Last edited by kevbo; 03-09-2017 at 02:06 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

You musta really had a hard road brother.

If I was 30 I would do whatever I had to do to get into Fed X

Job Security, bennies out the yang, best pay in the business. So what if it takes time and effort, 75% of the mechanics these days are not worth half what Fed X pays in my opinion.

Steve

I knew it, typical corporate BS. It would be a good deal if a certificate is not required. As it is, they want A&Ps for box thrower wages. GFY FedEx! These guys will keep crapping on us as long as we take it. BTW, Delta pays a lot more up front.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

They pay what they do because UPS mechanics have organized and demanded fair wages. FedEx may be the best A&P job but as far as jobs go, it's not all that great. Union MFGs pay the same without requiring anything form labor beyond showing up. You will never be able to live well and retire if your mind is on anything but getting the highest compensation for what you do. That is how CEOs think and they get all the money. What I don't understand is why so many people choose to take less when there is a higher standard in front of them. Those guys building 787s are totally pathetic for not organizing, they didn't study history of labor.
    Last edited by kevbo; 03-09-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Kevbo

I'm going to put it to you like this.

I get off on fixing planes. I thrive on a challenge, I do a repair I do it with pride. I stand back and admire the simple repair I did 10 years ago every time I see the plane. I'm kinda cocky, I'm kinda arrogant. I am this way because I had to develop a semi contempt for all the slack ass wastes that I have had to work with my entire career. So what this means is I am no ones favorite choice to work with ( personality wise ) but for those that are not intimidated by someone with a huge skill set and a strong work ethic, I am valued. I don't care where you work in manufacturing, I would blow my freaking head off before doing work like that. Repetition and the same same same same every single god damn day. It would kill me. And yet you, who has such obvious contempt for our craft, come here every day JUST to see if anyone new has joined so you can trash the field a lot of us love, for no apparent reason. I don't get it man, I seriously don't get it. I want to insult and belittle you, but I have to be above that. I tolerate your negativity because I despise censorship, and yet your kind of a cancer to this website, and we don't have enough people with the wherewithal to say what I am saying now.

So here's my request, the post you wrote is a bunch of horseshit, half truths at best. Either start qualifying your bullshit with verifiable fact, or I will delete it as trash. Or simply go away man. I get nothing for running this site, except the hope that this site provides something that new and possibly older mechanics can use to advance our craft. And your ruining it, Some days I don't even want to log on, and I have spend over 13 years developing this website, for what? Not for you dude..... Not for you

Steve

They pay what they do because UPS mechanics have organized and demanded fair wages. FedEx may be the best A&P job but as far as jobs go, it's not all that great. Union MFGs pay the same without requiring anything form labor beyond showing up. You will never be able to live well and retire if your mind is on anything but getting the highest compensation for what you do. That is how CEOs think and they get all the money. What I don't understand is why so many people choose to take less when there is a higher standard in front of them. Those guys building 787s are totally pathetic for not organizing, they didn't study history of labor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12