Every line mechanic needs a Buck Buddy

A little explanation behind this one. A long time ago I found myself in the hangar working on a Saab. I was alone as it may have been my Monday ( hangar day ) Or I got shanked because all the other union brothers claimed ignorance of sheet metal to get out of work. Anyhow I was trying to put latches on a battery door and I despise putting cherrys on thin sheet metal, especially for a latch that gets replaced a lot. Problem I faced was that the 4" hand squeezer was not deep enough to squeeze the rivets. SO I grabbed the door, kinda propped it under my arm and grabbed a bucking bar and a rivet gun, and ruined the battery door because the gun slipped off the rivet and dented the door. So I remembered that I had this huge chunk of aluminum in my sheet metal box, so I grabbed it and made some holes in it. Then I put a rivet set in it, the new door needed both latches AND a hinge. So I riveted every single rivet on it all by myself using the chunk of aluminum a set and a hammer ( legal for those interested ). Over the years I have used it on road trips and in the hangar and it has really been helpful. SO when I decided to do this tool section on here I figured I would add it for those not up to going through the hassle of making one of their own,. Cost is 54.99 and with that price I am making about 18 bucks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4797.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	267.9 KB 
ID:	4295

Name:	IMG_4798.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	293.9 KB 
ID:	4296

Name:	IMG_4799.jpg