Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Layoffs at phi....

I was just told Fri (4-7-2017) by an inside OPS manager at PHI, that they're about to have 150 mechanics laid off! Closing Lafayette heliport, Morgan City, and Intracoastal City...Oil and gas suffering from low gas prices and S-92's and S-76's sitting with blades off....Hopefully those mechanic head toward the EMS industry where people are gonna always be getting hurt, sick and needing help to stay alive...There's alot of work at ABLE Engineering if you wanna leave Louisiana...and most Louisiana homeboy/girls don't wanna do that. Anyway now I know why I couldn't get back inside PHI there was a hiring freeze in existence for awhile...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

There not closing Layfette. That is the main office, back shops and completion center. Morgan city was announced a month ago. Bristow was calling back guys. They got some of the West Wind contracts.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

There are two different Lafayette stations! You're referring to the Lafayette Completion Center which yes is the main Hangar and admin....but slightly north of the completion center is the PHI Lafayette heliport field base....Not associated with the Completion Center which is a part 145 repair station and The Lafayette Heliport field Base is part 135/91...that actually fly to the platforms, ships, etc...with their customers.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Didn't realize there was two operations. Have you seen any news about the closing?

http://www.katc.com/story/35024673/p...icial-confirms

Thanks for the help.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Yes I have nearly 5 techs I worked with for 7 years that were at the Lafayette field base...Now working in Houma cause they closed several bases including Morgan City (The Largest Heli-Port in the World)...The Completion Center isn't going anywhere....I also have a pilot that was a PHI OPS manager that flying Helicopter for our EMS company now...and he's aware of all the job loses...FRAC Production is killing the jobs offshore cause it's cheaper...