Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Cool deal man !

S
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Did you get to talk to any Students?

Up here in the North 99% of the Aircraft Maintenance Personnel go to college, I enjoyed my tome at it had some fun and learned a lot. and a lot about myself. of course schools do not teach you about the valuable grey line.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

He told me to email him if I ever want to listen in on a class for a day, to see how the students act and how a typical day goes. I think I'll take him up on that.

1 more thing:

They told me that Duncan Aviation hires A & P's out of their school all the time (they gave me numbers, so they weren't lying) and that they start out $18 and hour. That sounds pretty good right out of school IMO They also say they have contacts with Delta, and have had students go there. I know it's over 2 years before I need to really worry about this, but what would be better?
    Last edited by jjrellim; 04-13-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Typo

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Depends on where you want your career to go.

Both good companies, do you want Airline, or Smaller planes?

If I were 27, I'd go Delta

S

Quote Originally Posted by jjrellim View Post
    He told me to email him if I ever want to listen in on a class for a day, to see how the students act and how a typical day goes. I think I'll take him up on that.

1 more thing:

They told me that Duncan Aviation hires A & P's out of their school all the time (they gave me numbers, so they weren't lying) and that they start out $18 and hour. That sounds pretty good right out of school IMO They also say they have contacts with Delta, and have had students go there. I know it's over 2 years before I need to really worry about this, but what would be better?
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Here's a true story about how a large school in Dallas recruited students Back in the 90s. The school would go to various airlines and offer consulting jobs to hangar managers in return for hiring a couple of students as repairman each month. Delta was the only one that took the deal. The school would then pick two students who just enrolled to get the jobs. They would then offer them a discount for wearing their airline uniforms to class. When the school gave tours they made sure to point out all the guys in their Delta uniforms that have been hired before graduation. Worked like a charm! The problem was that they were the only ones Delta hired for the next 5 years.
    Last edited by kevbo; 04-13-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by jjrellim View Post

1 more thing:

I can say alot of things about Duncan... Like don't do it. Going rate for a 5 year Falcon mechanic is $30-35/hr in the service center. Duncan you'd be lucky to see $23. That starting pay is a lie FYI... Looking more around 15-16. Even Stevens pays more than duncan
    Last edited by brettboat; 04-14-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12