Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Just over 5%, last time I researched it, which is still unacceptable, even though pilot error is nearly 50%, and the rest goes to weather, ATC, fueling, etc.
    "Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize the pig enjoys it".

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    Had to laugh at this Steve you hit the nail on the head. I used to watch the sitcom Wings if you ever saw it their mechanic Lowell was a doofus show was funny as hell but sadly that's about how we are perceived. We AMT's as a group have not helped our cause either we have guys who are brilliant and those I wouldn't let put my doghouse together and everything in between. We just flat out don't come across as professionals and as such we will never be treated that way. Funny thing taping the series Air Disasters amazing how many have been caused by maintenance or lack of it.
    So I have to quit chewing tobacco and wearing cowboy boots at work?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

You gonna buy yourself a pair of those steel toe wingtip's?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by brettboat View Post
    So I have to quit chewing tobacco and wearing cowboy boots at work?
    You should quit the tobacco.
    "Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize the pig enjoys it".

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by BlitztheDitz View Post
    I'm still really interested in the flight path and unless there is a major benefit I'm not seeing to one of the others I will probably stay. I just wanted input from people in the industry so I could make an informed decision rather than going in blind. Thanks for the input though! If you had gotten your license do you think it would have given you any more opportunities that you would have happily jumped on?
    Maybe, Maybe not. There are a lot of paths I never took. Growing up, I wanted to be a pilot and nothing else. Things changed in life and I squandered my opportunities. I'm not in the business, but I hope to be one day, so I cannot tell you from an aviation point of view. The reason for my post was merely this... its easier to accomplish all these things while your young and still primarily involved in your education. To quote a commercial "you'll never regret the things you did, only the things you did not do"

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

I saw 2 episodes of wings, and really got pissed off. Never watched it again, although it had the pilots down pretty good, it made a mockery of our craft.

The only reason there are not crashes every day from poor maintenance, or no maintenance is because aircraft are so well designed and redundant systems.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    Had to laugh at this Steve you hit the nail on the head. I used to watch the sitcom Wings if you ever saw it their mechanic Lowell was a doofus show was funny as hell but sadly that's about how we are perceived. We AMT's as a group have not helped our cause either we have guys who are brilliant and those I wouldn't let put my doghouse together and everything in between. We just flat out don't come across as professionals and as such we will never be treated that way. Funny thing taping the series Air Disasters amazing how many have been caused by maintenance or lack of it.
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Steve340 View Post
    I saw 2 episodes of wings, and really got pissed off. Never watched it again, although it had the pilots down pretty good, it made a mockery of our craft.

The only reason there are not crashes every day from poor maintenance, or no maintenance is because aircraft are so well designed and redundant systems.

Steve
    That's exactly why Mike Busch advocates a minimalist approach concerning GA maintenance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12