Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Airframe Powerplant Rating

As an A&P you have the ability to do the following which we will break down in separate threads.

A&P Mechanic - Whether Airline, 145, or GA Hangar means your job is basically to work in a large hangar on aircraft.

A&P Mechanic - Line MX. You are maintaining aircraft outdoors. This can go from as needed maintenance to planning both during the day and or in the middle of the night.

Lead A&P Mechanic. Once you have experience you can be a Lead mechanic.

Maintenance Supervisor. Supervises Shifts or Shops.

QC Inspector. Frequently mechanics are called on to receive additional training and become QC Inspectors.

NDT Tech Depending on application may be combined with a QC Inspector, also a separate job altogether in many cases.

Backshop- A support function servicing Batteries, Seats, and Accessories.

Structures Technician - Performs Sheetmetal and Composites repairs as required.

Maintenance Controller/Coordinator - Guides maintenance and liaises with operations as well as outstation maintenance.

Many more, I will think on this and add more later
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Being an A&P to me means doing the best job you can...I/A/W all the recommended references directing use of specific methods, procedures, and practices. This job is not for the non reader or the faint at heart...If you hate to read then you should definitely go find another job. Being a non reader can get alot of people killed really quick. This A&P position is a responsibility to provide the safest aircraft you can at all times...It's not a car that can pull over on the side of the road especially once airborne. It's not a vehicle you experiment on to see what happens if you do this! Everything has a particular way to be tested, inspected and once your confidence has grow you'll realize how spectacular of a job you have and all the responsibility you have and all the people relying on your skills and integrity to get them home to their families every second, on every minute, on every hour! My crew relies on my professionalism and integrity to go out and save lives 24/7 when they climb into our company helicopter as well as our customer whom they're tending to medically...I must say it's very gratifying once you repair an aircraft, and go up flying in it during it's Operational Check flight...It's priceless!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

That license means you've earned the license to learn....Every company is gonna train you to do what they want you to do I/A/W the FAA regulation to avoid fines and maintenance violations....