Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

noidea Robinson Helicopters

Well with the last 206L4 being made this year and the 206 family is now considered Ole School....Alot of operators are now utilizing Robinsons and I'll trying to get experience on Robinson but I would like to attend the Torrance, Ca Factory school but If I know I will be get some Robinson work. They are a bit different from the 206's but it's still a helicopter at the end of the day....Any one out there have alot of Robinson experience?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

The 206 just became the 505. The 206 airframe was relatively expensive so they cheapened the design, many parts are 206. Initial assembly is in Lousiana with plans to move it out of the country.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

The Robbie's are not hard to pick up. However the R66 has close to the same DOC's as a jetranger, and for some reason R-22, R44 operators tend to pay less. I don't see the 206B being replaced anytime soon in the industry, despite that they have not been made in a while.

If you have rotor time though, some places will send you to their overhaul course which is worthwhile I suppose (never been)