Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Lightbulb Staying Up-To-Date As A Mechanic

Hello my fellow mechanics,

As some of you may know from my introduction thread, I am a young up-and-coming mechanic. I wanted to hear from you what do you usually do to stay up to date with your skills or sharpen your mechanical abilities. I understand that we must receive training from our employers; but outside of work what do you usually study keep up with your training and knowledge. Is there any magazines, online publications, book or whatever the case may be that you recommend/follow to keep up with the latest standards and news affecting our industry. I just wanted to know of any resources you recommend for new A&Ps to stay current with their knowledge specially with technology changing at every second. Any of your input is appreciated! THANK YOU! Cheers!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

The field is too broad to learn and keep up with. Every airframe is unique, you end up learning as you go and develop areas of specialty. This is why mechanics are required to have approved data/instructions whenever they are working on an aircraft. Working on aircraft is more process rather than product oriented. In an orginazation, experience has some value but education and knowledge carries little. Looks and personality or attitude and work ethic, determines your status in the group. Working by yourself however will challenge all your resources.
    Last edited by kevbo; 08-04-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

OJT, and hands on experience, with hopefully a wise tutor

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

This website is my update process.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by mav3rik5 View Post
    Hello my fellow mechanics,

As some of you may know from my introduction thread, I am a young up-and-coming mechanic. I wanted to hear from you what do you usually do to stay up to date with your skills or sharpen your mechanical abilities. I understand that we must receive training from our employers; but outside of work what do you usually study keep up with your training and knowledge. Is there any magazines, online publications, book or whatever the case may be that you recommend/follow to keep up with the latest standards and news affecting our industry. I just wanted to know of any resources you recommend for new A&Ps to stay current with their knowledge specially with technology changing at every second. Any of your input is appreciated! THANK YOU! Cheers!
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression