Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Hello from Texas

Hello everyone,

I have been watching some of the threads on this site and finally decided to register and learn more
    about Aircraft maintenance. I started with Delta Airlines as a ramp clerk in (DFW) Dallas/Fort Worth, Tx and was there until
    they downsized around 2005. I'm thinking about starting a new career in aviation maintenance and hope I can get most if not
    all of my questions answered on this web-site.

Thanks

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome aboard.

The biggest problem is finding someone to take a chance on you after being out 12 years. Apply for every job that will get you back on the hangar floor. Work your way back up.

Good luck

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Goshawkt45 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have been watching some of the threads on this site and finally decided to register and learn more
    about Aircraft maintenance. I started with Delta Airlines as a ramp clerk in (DFW) Dallas/Fort Worth, Tx and was there until
    they downsized around 2005. I'm thinking about starting a new career in aviation maintenance and hope I can get most if not
    all of my questions answered on this web-site.

Thanks
    Delta should hire you back, that is your very best avenue if you want to make a good living around airplanes. In the real world it is all about what you have to offer. You can get into the industry without an A&P or experience IF you are willing to work for free. From there your pay goes up depending on what you have to sell. You really have to want it because its not easy at first. I too left Delta in 2005 along with nearly half of the DFW mechanics. Most of us found something else to do.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Welcome to the board.

Aviation has been good to many of us. If it is what you want, go for it.
    We are here to answer questions, ask anything you like.

Steve
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression