Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Well I know people who worked for them as well, I guess it depends on what you want to do with your experience. Life has a way of making decisions for us sometimes, decisions made in haste, or without enough thought can literally define your career. I always see them hiring, so that somewhat answers half the question if a company is always hiring they have issues. I would go the Regional route before the MRO route, at least a 121 regional can lead to an airline.

s

Quote Originally Posted by hrm View Post
    Steve (and others):
    Curious about your take on AAR as a place to work. Yea, it's an MRO and I get the feeling a lot of folks here don't like them. But what's your take on AAR? They're advertising for some A&Ps in an area that interests me (Chicago).
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by hrm View Post
    Steve (and others):
    Curious about your take on AAR as a place to work. Yea, it's an MRO and I get the feeling a lot of folks here don't like them. But what's your take on AAR? They're advertising for some A&Ps in an area that interests me (Chicago).
    Not sure why'd you'd want to live in Chicago... But AAR doesn't have a MRO there so that is most likely a contracted line service position with an airline. Which is better than MRO work. Depending on what degree of line service it is you may learn alot, may learn nothing. There's a few line service guys that all they do is service oil... That's it

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

AAR has a maintenance facility in Rockford, just outside Chicago.

AAR employs a lot of people, the kind of experience gained there is what the majors are looking for. Many use it as a stepping stone. Any experience is better than none and it's easier to get a job when you have one. I'd work there, get three years of heavy experience and then move on to greener pastures.
    Last edited by GlennAB1; 03-22-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Appreciate the feedback, folks. Yes, I know that AAR doesn't have any bays in Chicago but it's the newly-developing facility in Rockford that caught my eye. I think they also do a lot of contract work in Indy as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12