Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Opinions on aviation hiring/temp agencies

What is the general consensus using or working with aviation hiring such as Aerotek, Launch, Strom, and Volt?

I am currently actively looking at future employment opportunities, but a vast majority of jobs seem to have very specific requirements for a particular airframe experience or A&P experience.

I have 20 years aviation maintenance experience, but it has all been military. I am currently working on my A&P and anticipate it being complete in the next 6 months or so. I enjoy turning wrenches on aircraft, and I would not be ashamed of starting at the bottom again and working my way back up.

Does anyone feel the hiring agencies would be good way to atleast get my foot in the door and pick up some general or commercial aviation experience for a year or so?

Thanks,
    Randy

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Don't forget L3

Yes it is a good first step. It's not for everyone but it is easy to get hired well paid work.

Try to use your relevant experience in the civilian world it will pay off.

Steve
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Randy
    If you are looking for work. Get on Indeed.com or JSfirm.com and see about contracting out for the government. That’s what I will be doing the first of the year. I retire in December and look forward to starting a new job.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Thanks, I have two buddies doing that. One is working F-16s up in Alaska and another is starting soon at Little Rock working C-130s. Its definitely on my radar.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by randycarnley View Post
    Thanks, I have two buddies doing that. One is working F-16s up in Alaska and another is starting soon at Little Rock working C-130s. Its definitely on my radar.
    you could also look at AECOM they have several positions with the DoD

https://aecom.jobs/
    Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your ability to discipline yourself to set clear goals, and then to work toward them every day, will do more to guarantee your success than any other single factor. ~ Brian Tracy