Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Studying for one section of the oral

I need to retake section 5 of the powerplant oral and I'm having a hard time finding a good study source for just that.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

I’m not sure what part 5 your speaking of?

Where is the written version?
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

The oral test is broken up into sections, on my 8610-2 it shows the different sections of what you passed or failed. Section 5 is powerplant systems and components. I'm done with the written tests and the practical. I have my airframe cert. This one section of the powerplant oral is what I need to study.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Just a guess, but from the power plant PTS:
    Section V—Powerplant Systems and Components
    H. Engine Instrument Systems .................................................. ..15
    I. Engine Fire Protection Systems........................................... ...16
    J. Engine Electrical Systems .................................................. ....17
    K. Lubrication Systems........................................... .....................19
    L. Ignition and Starting Systems .................................................2 0
    M. Fuel Metering Systems .................................................. .........21
    N. Engine Fuel Systems .................................................. ............22
    O. Induction and Engine Airflow Systems....................................24
    P. Engine Cooling Systems........................................... ..............25
    Q. Engine Exhaust and Reverser Systems .................................26
    R. Propellers........................................ ........................................27
    S. Turbine Powered Auxiliary Power Units..................................28