Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Yet another new guy to the forum

Hello everyone, glad to see such a welcoming community on here. Here's a bit of my background.

I grew up around aircraft, I had an uncle that owned many different aircraft and a hangar so I was a hangar rat from a very young age. I got my A&P in 07' and my Associates at AIM Kansas City. Moved to St. Louis to take a job at a regional airline for a little over a year, worked EMB145's and CRJ700's. Then I moved into business aviation working for a MRO/Completion center were I worked on Gulfstream II,III,IV, V, 150, 280, 550, 650; Boeing 737-700 BBJ; Bombardier Challenger 601-605, 850, 870, Global Express, XRS, 5000, 6000; as well as Falcon 20-2000, Hawkers. In addition to those aircraft I also worked extensively on military version Gulfstream C-20, C-37 depot level checks. During my time on the floor I also worked in nearly every backshop we had, from avionics, hydraulic, engine, composites, cabinet, finish, interior, etc. I worked as an A&P through the end of 2014 and in 2015 I moved into engineering as an Aircraft Weight and Balance Engineer. I also cross trained writing tech pubs and performing stress engineering analysis. Later I held two positions in engineering at the same time doing Weight and Balance as well as Structural/Liaison Engineer. Last year my company was taken over by an OEM which let over 3/4 of the entire company go. I ended up at another aerospace company in St. Louis as a Manufacturing Engineer and have recently been promoted to an additional role as an AS9100 Internal Auditor. I also have sat on the Program Advisory Board at AIM Kansas City for 2 years now.

To any of the guys beginning your career as an A&P I would suggest you learn everything you can. When special projects come up or special assignments be the first to raise your hand for the job. Some of my best opportunities to advance in my career have come from my eagerness to jump at a project that everyone else either thought was below them or too above their expertise.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome! Awesome experience!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Good thread.
    The technical side of the field leads to advancement in many cases.
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression