Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    East TN [insert "Theme From Deliverance" here]
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Help Part 91 Utility A&P -=NEEDED=- Remote Area Medical

Our D.O.M. has tasked me with ::

SPARE US PLEASE FROM THE "TENDER MERCIES" OF H.R.

Not a "Country Club" or "Cake Walk" position...

This is _NOT_ Commercial Aviation. The position is currently showing on the Charity website. The trouble is "H.R." Don't know Aviation from Alligator, knows diddly squat about emergency response, disaster relief, and even less about AGING AIRCRAFT...

We are Remote Area Medical, providing free health care and disaster relief - - an utterly CLEAN Charity with no Government, Religious, or other affiliation (especially not United Way). Founded originally by Stan Brock. HQ is in Rockford Tennessee, our Maintenance Facility is @ Hangar #4 KDKX. Knoxville Downtown (aka "Island Home") Airport.

We're using 2 C208 Caravan (PT6 driven SE), 1 Kingair 200, 1 C47 Conversion to DC3, and a Beech E-18.

We're looking for a "Mission Oriented" committed, ruthlessly ethical, CFAR literate licensed A&P equipped with a hard used sense of humor.

For detailed intel on Responsibilities and Recompense, DON'T GO THRU HR

CONTACT Director of Maintenance:

JOHN KATER

jdkaterc46@aol.com

Maintenance occurs in an open, unheated hangar. No amenities. Nope, I aint kidding.

If a 60 year old woman can survive 4 years of it what's yer problem?

https://www.ramusa.org
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-09-09 07.07.10.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	4332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1532921957058.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	4330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17-8_e.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	4331  
    Last edited by Virginwidow; 10-05-2018 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added Images
    ..:!:.. who is John Galt? ..:!:.. freind of Bill W. 5/21/1988

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

As long as the pay reflects the conditions might be a good thing.
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

The "conditions" are a tad spartan for folks with "strong urban inclinations" :-)

Which sadly is the majority of homo sapiens, so I figured it best to cover the downside from jump street.

Myself has to resort to damn near prosthetic measures when it gets cold... Other than that, there are solid POSITIVES ...

It's a small, tight knit team, transparent & consistent communication. No potty-licks, snafu's, or other such horse play. It's _never_ routine or boring. Additionally, the new recruit has the once in a lifetime privilege of working with "MEH"!

From my DOM, I hear this is a full time, permanent, company employed position - ie, benefits etc

My contract predates the inception of "HR" and I don't understand how all that works.

Last year my pay rate was increased without my permission, darn it! To be equal the pay of an AMT who's since found greener pastures.

It's $2 hr more than starting wage at an outfit with maint. facility at TYS... Appalachia is an economic cesspool, a comparatively high wage here would seem a pittance in FL or CA.

We've made a "Recruitment Run" up to the 147 @ KMOR, where I trained. That went well and may eventually bear fruit...

Please feel free to contact John for specifics

He's one'a "the good 'uns"
    ..:!:.. who is John Galt? ..:!:.. freind of Bill W. 5/21/1988

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Virginwidow View Post
    The "conditions" are a tad spartan for folks with "strong urban inclinations" :-)
    You got a hangar, it can't be that bad.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Brettster! how the hell ya been? My son's just finishing Diesel Tech, is on 2nd shift @ the main International Facility here...

D.O.M. brought down an old komräd of his, Pilot-mechanic; decades of experience - flew with today, good solid Airman, nice wit too.

Looks like he'll be part timing assumably when DOM cycles home (I'm only local hand we have).

Huge relief as it's "still kinda raw" when all the Cheifs go home leaving 1 Injun holdin down the hangar. Hangar part no problemo the "sketchy" feeling is avoiding faux pax w. staff @ HQ. I enjoy the folks down there it's the odd occasions a needful matter arises I've not been fully briefed on the protocol.

I personally haven't seen the posting on the "HR part of the website "

For that matter can't find the HR part of the site period. I'm too old to make sense of what HR contributes, accounts for or produces... Only told "it's there" (somewhere over the rainbow? )

Didn't see it on their "linked in" venue (that's where duck-go says HR happens) but have a general aversion to social networking type sites...

However, recent comments indicate another "injun" is still needed.

If ya know a good hand looking, have 'em email John direct. If an old hacker can't find this 'HR' how the hell does anyone else?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Virginwidow View Post
    Brettster! how the hell ya been? My son's just finishing Diesel Tech, is on 2nd shift @ the main International Facility here...

D.O.M. brought down an old komräd of his, Pilot-mechanic; decades of experience - flew with today, good solid Airman, nice wit too.

Looks like he'll be part timing assumably when DOM cycles home (I'm only local hand we have).

Huge relief as it's "still kinda raw" when all the Cheifs go home leaving 1 Injun holdin down the hangar. Hangar part no problemo the "sketchy" feeling is avoiding faux pax w. staff @ HQ. I enjoy the folks down there it's the odd occasions a needful matter arises I've not been fully briefed on the protocol.

I personally haven't seen the posting on the "HR part of the website "

For that matter can't find the HR part of the site period. I'm too old to make sense of what HR contributes, accounts for or produces... Only told "it's there" (somewhere over the rainbow? )

Didn't see it on their "linked in" venue (that's where duck-go says HR happens) but have a general aversion to social networking type sites...

However, recent comments indicate another "injun" is still needed.

If ya know a good hand looking, have 'em email John direct. If an old hacker can't find this 'HR' how the hell does anyone else?
    Been busy, working for 2 management companies plus my AOG job.

I personally don't know anyone, I can't get anyone for under $100k a year. Just the reality of the industry currently. 401Ks are up, people are retiring... It's shit, constantly short staffed. If you're not paying atleast $30/hr good luck finding anyone.