Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Cylinder Base Nut Wrench

We are looking for a cylinder base nut wrench part number KM-5204. (kent-moore) Lead time from Aviall is forever and this is a replacement for one that got broken.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Aricraft Engineering View Post
    We are looking for a cylinder base nut wrench part number KM-5204. (kent-moore) Lead time from Aviall is forever and this is a replacement for one that got broken.
    I would try ATS first.

https://www.aircraft-tool.com/shop/d...ookieSupport=1

https://www.handsontools.com/Kent-Mo...4_p_40432.html

https://www.skygeek.com/ats-5204.html
    “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Your ability to discipline yourself to set clear goals, and then to work toward them every day, will do more to guarantee your success than any other single factor.” ~ Brian Tracy

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Thanks Jet! Tried them (all) and the lead time is like 135 days or more. THEN...I have the boss who DOESN'T want to spend $400+ for it. So the search continues...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default have a pic

of the broken one?

Steve
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I'm just gonna throw it out there... If the lead time is that long, why not just repair the one you have? Unless it's bent like a Twizzlers stick it should be reparable

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Back story...part-time guy borrowed from a full-time guy (on day he was out), without permission, and 'it broke'. Boss, out of good faith wants to replace at a reasonable cost. Name:  Wrench.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  65.4 KB

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Looks very repairable to me... But if it must be replaced, sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

His tool was taken without permission and broken. I know I wouldn't be happy with a repaired wrench. I'd be livid and want a new one yesterday.

Will Kent Moore warranty the tool? Do you have a tool program at work? Put it on the part time guys account and let him pay it over 10 weeks. Lesson learned for both. Keep your box locked and don't take tools without permission.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Send it to me, Ill fix it better than new. That's a 749.00 wrench, Ill use a snap on wrench to fix it. 100.00

Steve
    \
    \
    Back story...part-time guy borrowed from a full-time guy (on day he was out), without permission, and 'it broke'. Boss, out of good faith wants to replace at a reasonable cost. Name:  Wrench.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  65.4 KB
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression