Welcome to the Aircraft Mechanics Forum.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    OzzModz Classifieds

Default Hammers, Prybars, Metal scrapers.

I had a bad week as we have a slew of fresh out of school A&P's.
    Every time I hear a hammer being used I come running, it is sort of a cry for help. I saw guys whaling on a flap bolt, on a bracket, using needle nose to try to lever it out, scoring the bracket around the bearing.

So this is the take away, these aircraft are fragile, NEVER pound a bolt with a hammer trying to get it out EVER
    NEVER pry against an aluminum casting, NEVER use a metal rod, screwdriver in a bushed assembly to align it, you WILL score the bearing, or the bushing surfaces.

I Cannot BELIEVE Schools don't teach this common sense stuff. I feel really bad for the next few generations of A&P's. When I talk to these guys, if they can be bothered to put their phones down it goes in one ear and out the other. Where did bust your ass until you make a name for yourself go?

Unreal

Steve
    You never have a second chance, to make a first impression

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Steve340 View Post
    I had a bad week as we have a slew of fresh out of school A&P's.
    Every time I hear a hammer being used I come running, it is sort of a cry for help. I saw guys whaling on a flap bolt, on a bracket, using needle nose to try to lever it out, scoring the bracket around the bearing.

So this is the take away, these aircraft are fragile, NEVER pound a bolt with a hammer trying to get it out EVER
    NEVER pry against an aluminum casting, NEVER use a metal rod, screwdriver in a bushed assembly to align it, you WILL score the bearing, or the bushing surfaces.

I Cannot BELIEVE Schools don't teach this common sense stuff. I feel really bad for the next few generations of A&P's. When I talk to these guys, if they can be bothered to put their phones down it goes in one ear and out the other. Where did bust your ass until you make a name for yourself go?

Unreal

Steve
    I haven't had to deal with a green horn is so many years... It's been great.

We''re setting ourselves up for disaster sadly. The good techs will just keep having to work harder and more hours.